• Nevsun extends life of its Bisha mine in Eritrea until the ...

    2018-06-14  Sixty-per-cent of Bisha, which is located 150km west of Asmara, is owned by the Canadian miner, while the other 40% belongs to companies run by the Eritrean government.Trucks ferry excavated gold, copper and zinc ore from the main mining pit at the Bisha Mining Share Company in Eritrea, operated by Canadian company Nevsun Resources, on Feb. 17, 2016.Canada's Nevsun Resources To Face Mass Slavery Lawsuit ...2014-12-27  Bisha Project is located at about 150km west of Asmara in Eritrea, East Africa. The mining project is a major deposit of volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) mineralisation. The VMS mineralisation is rich in base and precious metals such as gold Bisha Project, Eritrea - Mining Frontier

  • Major Mines Projects Bisha Mine

    2020-05-30  The Bisha Main and Harena deposits are mined as a conventional open pit operation. At Bisha Main, most of the in-pit haulage for waste will be carried out using 65-tonne haulage trucks and 10 m3 excavators, in 5 m benches. To control mining dilution and to increase selectivity smaller excavators will be utilised for ore mining.The Bisha Mine is a large precious and base metal-rich volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) deposit located 150km west of Asmara, Eritrea, East Africa. Deposit mineralization consists of gold and silver oxides, in addition to copper and zinc massive sulfides.Bisha Mining - careermineNevsun’s Eritrean project is its Bisha Mine. Bisha is a large precious and base metal volcanogenic massive sulfide deposit that commenced gold and silver production in February 2011.Gold Mining in Eritrea INN - Investing News Network

  • Gold Mining in Eritrea INN - Investing News Network

    Nevsun’s Eritrean project is its Bisha Mine. Bisha is a large precious and base metal volcanogenic massive sulfide deposit that commenced gold and silver production in February 2011.2020-02-28  The plaintiffs claimed they and more than 1,000 others had been conscripted through Eritrea’s military service into forced labour to construct Nevsun’s Bisha Canada mining firm accused of slavery abroad can be sued ...Nevsun is partners with the government of Eritrea through the Bisha Mining Share Company (BMSC). The mine is 40 per cent owned by the Eritrean National What did Canadian mining executives know about possible ...

  • Bisha Zinc Polymetallic Mine - Zijin Mining

    Bisha zinc and copper mine is the largest zinc mine in production in the Republic of Eritrean in Africa. By the end of 2019, Bisha holds 3,170,000 tonnes of zin, grading 4.85% in average; 660,000 tonnes of copper, grading 1.02% in average, and 2,400,000 tonnes of associated gold and silver. The annual ore processing capacity is 2,400,000 tonnes.2020-10-26  The mining licences are held by the company’s Eritrean subsidiary, Bisha Mining Share Company (BMSC). The State of Eritrea has a 10% free carried stake in the project. Another 30% stake is held by the state-owned Eritrean National Mining Company (ENAMCO). Geology and reserves at the Eritrean mine “The VMS mineralisation is rich in base and precious metals such as gold and silver Bisha Project - Mining Technology Mining News and Views ...2016-09-26  MONEY PIT: The main excavation at the Bisha mine in northwest Eritrea, which is operated by a Canadian-owned company. The mine, pictured in February 2016, is a source of gold, copper and zinc ore.We were forced to work at Western-run mine, say Eritrean ...

  • Top court weighs precedent-setting case of human rights ...

    Nevsun Resources' gold and copper mine in the Bisha mining district in northern Eritrea, adjacent to Sudan.The company's three principal assets are its ownership interest in the Timok Project, a high-grade copper-gold development project in Serbia, its Bisha zinc-copper mine in Eritrea, and its balance sheet. The company also holds a number of additional exploration licences and permits in Serbia, Macedonia, and in the Bisha mining district.Nevsun Resources - Wikipedia2017-02-06  Bisha Mine in Eritrea The Bisha Mine has a license to dismantle gold, copper and zinc.Visit to the Bisha Mine in Eritrea - Germany Journalist ...

  • Canadian firm to face historic legal case over alleged ...

    2017-11-23  Since Nevsun owns 60% of the Bisha Mining Share Company, which owns and operates the mine (the other 40% is owned by the Eritrean government), the plaintiffs claim 2016-09-26  MONEY PIT: The main excavation at the Bisha mine in northwest Eritrea, which is operated by a Canadian-owned company. The mine, pictured in February 2016, is a source of gold, copper and zinc ore.We were forced to work at Western-run mine, say Eritrean ...2020-10-26  The mining licences are held by the company’s Eritrean subsidiary, Bisha Mining Share Company (BMSC). The State of Eritrea has a 10% free carried stake in the project. Another 30% stake is held by the state-owned Eritrean National Mining Company (ENAMCO). Geology and reserves at the Eritrean mine “The VMS mineralisation is rich in base and precious metals such as gold and silver Bisha Project - Mining Technology Mining News and Views ...

  • Eritrea: Ethiopian Planes Raided Bisha Goldmine

    Reliable sources from inside Eritrea indicate that the Bisha Gold Mining in Gash Barka and the May‐Edaga Depot are destroyed. The sources further claim that the attack which started at 4:30 am on Friday March 2o,2015 and the huge fire caused thereof lasted well into the middle of the day. The attack is believed to have been carried out either by missile or sabotage by opponents of the regime ...The Eritrean government has lost more than one helicopter in the March 20, 2015 operation and more is to come. Sudanese newspaper reports Ethiopian fighter jets attacked the Eritrean Bisha Gold mine. A Sudanese newspaper, Al-Sahafa on it’s 21, 2015 print reported Ethiopian fighter jets bombarded the only profitable mining company in Eritrea.Ethiopian fighter jets hit Eritrean Bisha gold mine ...The controversial Eritrean gold comes from the Bisha gold mine, located in the middle of the desert. Since 2010, the Canadian company Nevsun mines copper, zinc and especially gold, 40 of which per cent is owned by the Eritrean regime. In order to purify the extracted raw gold into bars, the mining company needs a refinery partner. And this partner has been found in Switzerland, the Eldorado of ...Swiss-Eritrea Links in Gold Mining – Eritrean Law Society ...

  • Mining for Truth At Nevsun's Bisha Mines - Awate

    Bisha gold mine and an arms depot were hit.” March 21, 2015: madote, an Eritrean regime friendly website, posts a video published by ESAT, an Ethiopian opposition satellite TV broadcaster, which purportedly shows two Eritrea-based Ethiopian opposition groups, Arbenoch and Gnbot 7, waging a military offensive inside Ethiopia. The video supposedly shows Ethiopian prisoners of war and ...The government of Eritrea has awarded a mining licence for the Bisha gold and base metals project, Vancouver-based Nevsun Resources said on Tuesday.Eritrea issues mining permit for Bisha project2001-09-18  Canadian headquartered, Eritrean base metals and gold miner Nevsun’s shares stuttered briefly yesterday on African media reports that its highly profitable Bisha base metals and gold/silver mine had been bombed by the Ethiopian Air Force – supposedly in retaliation to an Ethiopian helicopter being held by Eritrea. It is so far uncertain as to whether this is a true representation of events ...Eritrea: Was Nevsun’s Bisha mine bombed by Ethiopia?

  • Bisha mine, Eritrea - Mining Weekly

    Controlling Company: Bisha Mining Share Company (BMSC) comprises Nevsun Resources (60%) and Eritrean National Mining Corporation, which holds the remaining 40% interest. Brief History: Bisha ..."When Nevsun began building its Bisha mine in Eritrea in 2008, it failed to conduct human rights due diligence activity and had only limited human rights safeguards in place," Human Rights Watch said.Canada-Eritrea Mine, Bisha, Used Forced Labour, According ...